خلاصه کتاب :
The British and Irish Short Story Handbook guides readers through the development of the short story and the unique critical issues involved in discussions of short fiction. It includes a wide-ranging analysis of non-canonical and non-realist writers as well as the major authors and their works, providing a comprehensive and much-needed appraisal of this area.
- Guides readers through the development of the short story and critical issues involved in discussions of short fiction
- Offers a detailed discussion of the range of genres in the British and Irish short story
- Includes extensive analysis of non-canonical writers, such as Hubert Crackanthorpe, Ella D’Arcy, T.F. Powys, A.E. Coppard, Julian Maclaren-Ross, Mollie Panter-Downes, Denton Welch, and Sylvia Townsend Warner
- Provide a wide-ranging discussion of non-realist and experimental short stories
- Includes a large section on the British short story in the Second World War